We would like to acknowledge the traditional territory of the Coast Salish People; specifically T’Sou-ke Nation on which the school is built. We also acknowledge the other Nations that SD62 works with; Sc’ianew Beecher Bay and Pacheedhat Nuu-chah-nulth to the West. We thank these nations for sharing this beautiful land and it’s resources.
Hych’ka • Kleco Kleco • Gilakas’la • Marsee
Our Aboriginal Department provides the following
- Qualified teachers who can help you get the credits needed for graduation.
- An academic focus linked to classroom learning.
- Strategies needed to be successful in the classroom.
- Instruction using the “Aboriginal Way of Learning” and learning styles for your particular needs.
- Help with transitions for courses, programs and post secondary education.
- Cultural resources including: books, kits, lesson plans, history books, role model speakers that support classroom sessions, curriculum, local history and culture.
- A newsletter that keeps you up to date on our events.
- Curriculum orientated field trips for all members of a class.
- Cultural events that connect our students and their families with each other.
- A Graduation Recognition Ceremony for our students and their families.
- Our department is here to help you by providing the academic and cultural tools for success.